Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Connect to DHCP Database Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartin35

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2001
US
Windows 2000 domain, mixed mode, 2 DC's. Primary DHCP address pool 10.0.64.0 - 10.0.68.0. Secondary DHCP address pool 10.0.67.1 - 10.0.67.199. The addresses in the secandary pool have been excluded on the primary DHCP server. Yesterday all was well. Today when you try to create a reservation on the primary DHCP server the following error appears:

An error occurred while accessing the DHCP database. Look at the DHCP server event log for more information on this error.

I can find nothing in the system event log that corresponds to this problem.

Any suggestions appreciated. BTW I have considered that the DHCP database may be corrupted.

Thanks

Are they both on different segments seperated by a router?

Thanks for you replies. The problem has been resolved. We found that there was an inactive reservation already for that address on one of the DHCP servers. Once that was deleted the error message stopped.

Glen.....before resolving the issue I did look in the dhcpsrvlog.* but there was no information there. The article you linked to in your reply tells how to monitor the log using MOM. I am not familiar with that application. IS that built in to the OS or is it a separate product?

Thanks

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back