Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to Citrix through ICA web client

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvctim

Technical User
Oct 5, 2005
US
Hello all,

I am having some seriuos mental issues lately with my Citrix server, using Metaframe XP. We have recently purchased some new Dell Latitude D800 and D810 Laptops for our staff. These people cannot connect to the Citrix server externally, using the ICA web client. I have been doing some testing and this is what happens. After logging into the Citrix server via the internet and attempting to open an application through NFuse 1.7, the system attempts to open the desktop but hangs. It doesn't appear to load everything and sits at a blue "desktop" with no icons and no start menu. Also, when you check the connection status the user, server, and encryption is unknown. While these systems are attempting to log in, the server itself immediately goes to 100% utilization and is practically froze up. The really weird thing about all this is that no desktop in our office, or our staff's at their homes, have any problem logging in, nor do our older Dell Latitude C840 laptops. The problem only exists with the new 800's and 810's. I would appreciate ANY advice that anyone might have on this issue. If I haven't given enough information about anything, please just ask it of me.

Thank you for your time.

What is the servers OS's , if its windows 2000 and you have installed the MS rollout pack, you need to install citrix rollout pack. i have experienced the same issue. The Citrix Rollout pack resolved the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back