Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to citrix server socket is not already bound to an addr 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

angels2

Technical User
Apr 4, 2004
US
I have tried deleting the mslicensing key but still getting error "windows terminal server client error cannot connect to the citrix server the socket is not already bound to an address" I am logging on to the server but when I try to open a word or terminal services I get the error I am running xp home I also have a laptop connected to the same home network and have no problem accessing the server I did delete the key and uninstall the program when I logged onto the server it automatically installed the software again bt I still got the same error I have searched the forumns but have had no luck opening a document

I found another post online here advising this fix:
Have a user with the same error. Found another post at that says to disable McAfee privacy service. I believe my user has McAfee. Will try to advise of my success.

Even though an answer to that hadn't been posted I tried it here with another client, it worked once we disabled the McAfee privacy service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back