Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to Citrix MetaFrame server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lb63640

MIS
May 12, 2004
US
Environment: Windows 2000 server (SP4), Terminal Services & Citrix MetaFrame Server XP. Server listens to ICA 1495 and Terminal Services listens to 3390.

Without explanation, my would-be second MF server has developed a horrid habit of giving me this message when I attempt to connect to it via the Program Neighborhood ICA client--via LAN or WAN: "Cannot connect to the Citrix MetaFrame server. The Citrix MetaFrame Server you have selected is not accepting connections."

I also cannot hit this box with a Terminal Services client--via LAN or WAN. I have made no changes, and it has very literally happened overnight.

I can telnet and the ports are open. I can netstat and see that the ports are listening.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Are you trying to hit it through a published application, a published desktop, or an .ICA file pointing directly to that server?

Make sure you have access to TS licensing. Look in the event logs for licensing issues.

Thanks for the replies--they snapped me out of panic to start thinking.

TexExpat, we are using the entire published desktop.

jcIT, you found the problem. I checked the licensing server and there was a logged event about a corrupt license certificate. I had to deactivate & reactivate my license server, then have MS reissue new keys for my licenses.

I can hit the box with my ICA client internally and externally, so life is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back