Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect to AOS server

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPMcMurphy

Vendor
Aug 15, 2007
US
I have a 201I, rls 2.01.27. When I try to open up App Builder I get "Unable to connect to AOS server." If I try to get to it from the main CP page, I get "Server not available. Please check connection." Anyone have any ideas?

Can you ping the callpilot from the pc that application builder is on?

Callpilot App builder, requires you to have dns lookup in both directions, i.e you should be able to ping the callpilot from your PC by ip address and FQDN, usually you can do the first but not by fully qualified domain name. You may need to put a static entry in your hosts file on your pc, or get your network bods to asign a static dns entry.

Also it may be worthwhile checking to see if you have windows firewall set to on on your pc, if so turn it off and try again. BUT be aware sometimes the user policies set by your network administrator will overwrite what you have set, so even though it looks like you have turned off the firewall it may still be on.

few years back I had this resolution for the same problem.

Solution ID: NORT171150 Product Family: Enterprise Voice Create Date: 06/15/2004

Title:
could not connect to aos server

Facts:
CallPilot

CallPilot 2.02

Application Builder

Symptoms:
Could not connect to AOS server

Unable to start Application Builder

Cause:
DCOM turned off

Fix:

Turn on DCOM as per the following steps (ON CLIENT PC):

1) Bring up command line window: Start -> Run ->CMD

2) Type in "dcomcnfg" without quote.
The "Distributed COM Configuration Properties" window will appear.

3) Click on TAB "Default Properties".

4) Check "Enable Distributed COM on this computer".

5) Click APPLY
No reboot needed

JHenley

That worked like a champ, kudos to you, thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back