Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect from wireless laptop to wired PC inside LAN with RDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

5uck3rpunch

Technical User
Mar 31, 2006
US
Hey all,

I'm using a Linksys WAP55AG that has a wired PC with IP 192.168.1.224 & a wireless laptop with IP 192.168.1.225. Both are using XP Pro SP2. All of the correct ports are forwarded & I'm using WEP encryption with the correct passkey on the laptop because it has full internet connectivity.
I cannot connect from the laptop to the PC thru Remote Desktop Connection & get the typical error "The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be enabled on the computer or the computer might be too busy...".
I CAN connect to the wired PC thru RDC from work or if I'm on the home laptop "borrowing" a neighbor's unsecured network connection. I just cannot connect using RDC when connected wirelessly to my own router.
I CAN share files on the wired PC & access them thru Network Neighborhood with no problem. I can also PING the laptop from the PC & vice versa. I have also wired the laptop to the router & still cannot connect thru RDC to the wired PC. I can also connect thru the router with a Nintendo DS & a Linksys Wireless Ethernet Bridge thru the same router with the same settings.
I have disabled the Windows XP firewall & Kapersky Antivirus on the laptop & PC (for the sake of it) & still cannot connect. I am also using to track the WAN IP address & I also have changed the listening port for RDC to 3030 & opened the correct port for it in the port forwarding section of the router (I can connect to the wired PC thru RDC from work or other 'borrowed' wireless connections from this same laptop.
I'm baffled & need HELP.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back