Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot connect behind Dlink DI-524 using remote desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomahawk

Technical User
Mar 29, 2001
US
I had a 4 port wireless AT&T router and I could connect to several computers outside my house using remote desktop. This router went bad so I had to replace it by a Dlink DI-524, after installing this Dlink router I cannot use remote desktop anymore from my house it will never connect me with computers outside my network.
I'm not attempting to connect to my home network, I need to connect to remote computers and I'm being blocked by the dlink router.
Nothing changed in my setup just the router. All the applications remained the same, no firewaal installed, no XP firewall.

Any ideas please?

The Dlink DI-524 has a built in firewall. By default it is enabled to the and set to deny remote access. Log into the web interface of the router and disable the firewall or create and enable the correct firewall rules it and it should work.

Open port 3389. You might have to point (port fowarding) the D-Link to each of computers that will need remote desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back