Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot configure raid on an Asus P4P800 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddealer27

Vendor
Jul 7, 2003
US
I cannot get to the Intel raid bios setup utility pressing Ctrl+I, and Asus has been unable to resolve my problem. They said they checked out the last board they sent me which is the third one and it is okay. Been through L I & L II support and they are stumped, other than something in my system is causing problems. Used F6 on the install , Chipset update and Application Accelerator installed with no problems. The system runs great except I cannot set up a raid configuration. In the Device Manager the Intel Raid drivers are installed.

System P4P800 Deluxe
3.0 P4 processor w/800 fsb
2 x 512 DDR 400mhz crucial memory – installed in 1st & 3rd slots
2 Maxtor 120gig sata drives – model 6Y120M0
Turtle Beach audio card
evga FX5600SE video card
Floppy
TDK 880N DVD burner
Teak CD/DVD reader
Antec case with a 380w true power supply

On the first two boards I tried the set up with only the drives and video card installed, and even switched out the video card. I get the VIA raid message on post but not the Intel.

Does anyone have any ideas, I don’t know if I should buy different drives or a different brand of motherboard.

phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back