Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot configure Catalyst 2924's in CiscoView?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rovent

Technical User
Nov 16, 2001
US
Hullo All -

I've recently added several Catalyst 2900 XL series switches (2924's) to my CiscoWorks2000 server.

We have several other flavours of switches on our network (2980s, 2950s, 5500s, etc), and when we right click on those device in CiscoView and select "Configure", it brings up the device manager and we're all set.

The problem is, when i select "Configure" with the 2924's, it tries to open a new webpage to " and returns an "Error 500" webpage.

The SNMP strings (read/read-only) are both correct, as it displays the correct interface status at the initial CiscoView screen.

I've checked the Package Manager for the Cisco 2900XL series, and i'm using Ver. 4.0, which is the most recent package.

Can anyone think of what i'm doing wrong here? Does CiscoWorks 2000 simply not support 2924's??

Thanks very much in advance for any advice!

- Alex

Does this happen on all your 2924's or only one some of them ?

-L.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back