Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot change datasource in CR9

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouser4069

Technical User
Feb 28, 2007
US
We are using Crystal Reports 9.

I have a report in Crystal Reports 9 which runs in our "Test" environment, which is used for developing reports. However, I need to change this report over to our "production" environment.

The report is a SQL command that has been dropped into the command area in Crystal. When you click on Database and "change datasource location" the report sets and sets and does not change. When this has happened previously on other reports, we have chosen the "verify database" option under the Database menu. We have then been able to change the datasource in several of our other reports. However, this report just sets and won't change the datasource.

Can anyone offer suggestions?

Not sure if this works for Commands but I have to do this for tables and views when moving from one schema to another.

In set datasource, click on the + by Command and then open properties.

Double click Overridden Qualified Table Name: an type in Command.

Then close hopefully this will make it portable across schemas.

Ian

Thank you for the idea, but this didn't work with the Command. I tried...

If you have any other ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back