Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot capture using Matrox / Premiere crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

theblacklodge

Technical User
Dec 10, 2002
GB
Here goes. I have bought the Matrox RTX.10 bundle and am using it with XP. Graphics card / processor / chipset etc all compliant with Matrox/Premiere requirements. But I cannot IEEE capture in X Tools or Premiere and preview window remains black! I've gone through all diagnostics with matrox and they say my motherboard might not be compatible. How could I possibly find out for sure. The PC is less than 6 months old - I think that's a get-out! But I CAN capture in Windows Movie Maker! (Ironic!) But then when I try to import it to Premiere, it shows on the timeline but Premiere will NOT play it. It just crashes. I try to drag it to the Source monitor, press play and it crashes! Camera is Panasonic NV DS38B (less than year old). Please help.

This is where yu need to get on the phone with Adobe. or visit their website.

Hi,
I have had 2 Matrox systems, a RT2000 and a RT2500 and lucky for me, I built both totally compliant according to the specs that Matrox puts on their website. You really should check your machine's motherboard against what those specs suggest for a compliant system for the RTX.10 system. They are different for every Matrox system. I've heard of many problems with sytems that are not considered compliant with Matrox.

Thank you to you both for your replies. I have been on the phone to Adobe twice and they pass the buck to Matrox. Fair enough really. I realise now that perhaps it IS a non-compliant motherboard. Matrox haven't tested it yet. Again the problem is do I risk buying a new motherboard and pay somebody to fit it and it doesn't fix it.?? Fortunately I have downloaded Movie maker 2 and it's right up my street as an amateur first-time editor! VERY easy to use and has effects/transitions/titles/music track/ability to record back to DV device. Only drawback is have to manually capture all shots. But that's only time. So at least I'm getting some use out of the Matrox card. Will keep Adobe for a rainy day / possible future use.

I would suggest changing out your motherboard, if that's all that is keeping you from using your RTX.10. I really like my RT2500 system and I hear the RTX.10 is even better. I was a beginner too when I first got my RT2000. Never had ANY experience with video (DV or Analog). What I did to ensure a tight system is talked to a Matrox certified dealer in my area and they helped me setup a smooth running system. Then it was up to me to learn how to Premier with the Matrox.

Thanks for reply. My big concern though is that I DON'T know for sure that it's the motherboard causing the problem. Is there a way of finding out? Have gone into Device Manager and opened properties of each of the Matrox components and there reads "no conflicts".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back