Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot cancel extension forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Olson

Programmer
Oct 9, 2017
US
Hello, I have a Nortel extension that has been forward to an outside line using Feature+4+number. When you dial it, it rings twice and then forwards to an outside line.

I am trying to cancel it on the phone. All of the documentation I can find tells me that to cancel this, all I need to do is press Feature+4

But when I do this, it just times-out with the the error tone.

I tried to change the forwarding to her cell phone and it acted like it accepted it, however it is still forwarding to the old number.

Can a phone be locked out somehow so the user can't change forwarding? Is there a global reset?

I tried this on another phone, I dialed Feature+4+number to forward, and then Feature+4 and the word "Cancel" appeared above the 3rd softkey. I pressed Cancel and it seems to have canceled the call forwarding (I can dial it and it rings several times) This doesn't happen on the phone I have trouble with.

-Erik

Which norstar system?
What version software?

Feature 4 to forward
Feature # 4 to cancel

When you cancel on the problem phone does the Forwarded>...### on the display disappear?

Did you check the Forward No Answer setting in Capabilities too?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Like curly said check the Forward no answer. If it rings 2 times then that is the issue.

F4 will forward immediately with no ring.

Capabilities->Foward No Answer was it! Thanks

(Terminals & Sets) => (###) => Capabilities => Fwd No Ans => Cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back