Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot call out of Main PSTN from Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferngap

Vendor
Mar 18, 2008
US
I am installing a new Branch (CS1000B) on an existing CS1000M. I can make and receive 4-digit calls from an analog set at the branch over the SIP trunks to the Main. I cannot make a call from an analog at the branch, through the PSTN at the Main. I get reorder. INAC is set to YES. NCOS is 5 for the analog. I am calling 206-xxx-xxxx. I have 206 CDP'd to the SIP route. D-channel messaging at the branch says "No route to Destination". I suspect I am not getting out of the NRS. I have entered 206 as various DN types in the NRS with no luck.

206 the area code?
What does your cdp look like ex flen?

RLI assigned for CDP 206 needs to have DMI that changes call type to NPA, In the NRS 206 would then need to be assigned to the Main with Call type national.

I found the error of my ways. The SIP URI map at the Branch did not match the SIP URI map at the Main. Once I made these the same, I was able to call out the Main PSTN from the Branch. Seems odd I was able to call 4 digits regardless of the status of the SIP URI map.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back