Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot apply value null to property Login: Value cannot be null

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellenburg

Programmer
Aug 27, 2001
US
I've read about every post I can find on the internet about this problem and can't find a solution.

In SQL Server 2000, I had a DTS package that allowed me to copy tables, views, and stored procedures from one DB to another. I was only copying specific objects, not all of them and that is an important feature I need to preserve.

Now I'm trying to do the same thing on SQL Server 2005, which appears to have SP2 installed. I'm using the Transfer SQL Server Objects Task in SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio. I'm getting an error "Cannot apply value null to property Login: Value cannot be null" whenever I try to move anything with an owner of dbo. If the object has an owner other than dbo, it can't find the object, but I'll worry about that later.

I have verified that the connections work for the source and destination databases. The login I'm using has the appropriate security level.

Has anyone been able to replicate what I'm trying to do?

I heard people talking about this at a users group. It seems one of the first steps when mving objects is that it drops some of the security info. I know this isn't a fix but maybe it will help you find something else.

Paul
---------------------------------------
Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back