Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot answer doorphone from an alerted deskphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweege

Programmer
May 24, 2004
US
am i incorrect in assuming that you should be able to talk back to an avaya doorphone after you answer it from a deskphone? when the doorphone button is pressed, the assigned exts are alerted, but only once. looks like that part is correct. when the alerted phone is picked up, you cannot talk between the two devices. is this correct, or do i possibly have a bad device?
have never worked with one of these before.

thanks,tim

You should be able to talk back. What kind of door phone? The Viking door phones have a speaker volume as well as a volume for listening that you need to take the cover off the see/increase. I have had units come out with them turned all the way down so you couldn't hear. That could be the issue.

this is an Avaya branded model. has been in place for some time I assume. new owners powered system off by accident was reason I got a call. system did not seem to loose any programming, so I cant see that being an issue. I did take the unit off the wall and turn the volumes up on it...didn't seem to make any difference.

I would plug a single line set into the analog port the door phone is using and go off-hook. See if when they answer if you can talk. If it works, you have a bad door phone.

The Avaya branded door phone is a rebadged Bogen. They can, and do, go bad after a while, especially if located outside.

My Church has 2 two units mounted externally and they have failed so many times that I'm thinking about replacing them with SLTs mounted inside of enclosures.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back