Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Add Route when ID is a lowly user

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarified

Technical User
Jun 26, 2002
US
My issue: XP will not add folks in the 'users' group to add a route via the command line 'Route Add x.x.x.x...' command. As an admin, I refuse to escalate the users privliges just to allow for the route. But they need the route. Anyone know if there is a registry key or something to allow this to happen? The route add is done via Netware login script (and no, it doesn't work if I manual try to enter the router, either). I've tried searching and am coming up short... help!

There may be a native way of doing this with Group Policy, however one way of doing it would be to create a batchfile for the route command and then using the wrapper application from to run the batch file with admin rights.

Greg Palmer
Free Software for Adminstrators

Hmmm.. very interesting! I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. You may have made my day!

Regards,

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back