Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot add resources to NDPS broker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffJS

Technical User
Feb 26, 2004
GB
Hello,

I am having trouble adding resources to an NDPS broker. I am using NW5.1 SP4 with full admin rights. When I try to add an NT/2000 driver with the Browse button to locate the drivers to install, the browser button does not respond. Am I missing something or is there a problem with NDPS.
Any help would be appreciaited.
Thanks,
Jeff

Is the NDPS broker loaded and Resource management service enabled?
Also what OS is the PC you are using to add drivers?, if I remember rightly it needs to be the same OS as the drivers you want to add, so to add NT/2000 drivers you need to be working on a 2000 PC.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes the SRS is enabled and running along with every other component as normal. People are ok using the printer already associated with the broker, the problem is adding a newer driver. When I want to add a new driver using the SRS resource ADD option, I can get as far as the dialog box to locate the new drivers, press the browse button but no directory/file list box appears. I am using a W2k PC and installing a 2000 driver. I am also using the last ver of nwadmin. I was wondering if the netware or ndps ver was an issue. (nw5.1sp4 and ndps 2.1.5) Does this need patching - ie are there updates in SP7 that update NDPS? cant find much on the Novell site on NDPS updates.)
Thanks
Jeff

It's a wrinkle with W2k. Add /disabletlsmgr to the shortcut you use for NWAdmin, i.e.,
X:\public\win32\nwadmn32.exe /disabletlsmgr
and that will fix your problem.

Hi, thanks for the tip, it worked perfectly. Another un-documented feature of Novell ?

Thanks to all.

Jeff

I found it in under 30 seconds on Novell's knowledgebase...

BROKER 200-7
tHE BROKER received error 610 while logging onto the network acess was denied verify that the brocker object name and password are correct and try the task again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back