Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot add mailbox view after adding address book views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystro

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2000
AU
Hi All, hope someone can help me.

I have an exchange server 5.5 sp3
I added address book view fuctionality and it works great. But it has caused a problem.
On the outlook clients, when i goto tools, services, properties on exchange server, advanced tab.. then finally try to add a mailbox - i cant. It comes up with "the name cannot be resolved. the action could not be completed."
Microsoft recommend applying the latest service pack, but funnily enough I have that installed.

Anyone else had/have this problem. Any work around would be great.

I have exchange 5.5 SP3 and outlook2000 and I do not have any problems with this functionality. How are you trying to add the names? Are you typing in the full name(I.E = John Doe) or like this (JDoe)?

Are you using Address Book Views? Do you restrict access to the GAL? Everything works as it should until I add search permission to the Service Account Admin at the Organization level in order to restrict user access to the GAL.

Mystro mentioned about Microsoft suggesting latest service pack. Did you try and upgrade to SP4?

I guess I misunderstood. How are you configuring Address book views? How do you set this up? No, I do not have the GAL restricted so I guess I do not have your scenario duplicated. Try updating to SP4 to see if this resolves your issue.

We are running SP4. The steps we followed are listed here:

Step 6 in the instructions is apparently the one that hoses things up. I plan to try adding the search permission at the Organiztion level to an account other than the service account admin to see if that produces the same results.

Thanks for the help.

Have you ever fix the problem?
Please, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back