Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot add address from personal address book

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsoule

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
I am using Lotus Notes 6.0.1. When I try to add an address from my personal address book by highlighting it and clicking on the arrow to insert address I am getting an error message. The message says that the person does not have a valid address. I can then go in to the address line of an e-mail and type the 1st couple of letters of the persons name and the auto complete feature will fill in the address for me. Is this a bug in Notes or is there a problem with my Notes database? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

jsoule

Are you sure that the address found by the autocomplete is the same as the one written on the Person document ?
If it is, is it something that only happens with one person, or with all of them ?

Thanks. This does happen with all of them. They are the same ones.

I found out what the problem was. I needed to update the address book and database. I needed to go into workspace and right click on the personal address book and go to database and then replace design. You need to be sure to click on personal address book for the personal address book. Then when you do the database you do the same thing but click on extended mail(r6). I hope this can help someone and save them some time and trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back