Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot access XP shares over TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvor

IS-IT--Management
Oct 17, 2001
US
Hi,

I have a simple domain in one office and a p2p network in a remote office. The two offices have some hardware creating a VPN between them.

We are using TS from the remote office to run a couple of applications on the server at the main office.

I have an XP user who needs to print to their local (LPT) printer. For some reason I cannot access any shares on the XP machine. All other machines at the remote office can be viewed without any problems, but this one will not work! (I can ping it without problems tho)

When I try to browse the client via the server at the main office, I get the error "192.168.1.20 is not accessible. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

Obviously there is something not quite right on the XP box - any ideas what I should try?

Thanks,

Dave Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back