Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot access SharePoint Central Administration page

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcowie

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2005
US
OK, I've setup a new install of sharepoint services on a 2003 server, everything seemed to be straightforward until I try and access the sharepoint administration page and all I receive is a page not found error. My sql server is running and pointing to \\servername\sharepoint, and I can hit the webserver viewing the homepage. My event viewer is showing source W3SVC event ID 1007 cannot register the URL the network binding may already be in use. I'm sure I've missed a step somewhere on the way, but am having trouble finding any relevant documentation. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

open your IIS service manager run:
%SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc

Go to the website SharePoint Central Administration, and look for the correct portnumber(this varies everytime you install). try to access it with only form the server its self.

Also check the properties of the site for the correct ASP.NET version this should be 1.1...

Hello,

You can also change the admin port by using
Stsadm.exe —o —setadminport —port <port> that way you can easily specify a certain port you want to use.

More info can be found in the Windows SharePoint Services administration Guide at
Regards,
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back