Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot access OWA from XP Pro 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolacoaches

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2003
US
Running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 SP6a. Cannot get a home office client running XP Pro to access OWA. Have tried other userid's known to be working from other systems, so it seems to be just this XP box not working. When entering userid/password, the box reappears, no event. When entering domain.com\userid/password I get an eventID 100 on the Exchange server (states unknown user name or bad password) All othere clients can log on properly entering just userid and password.
Any ideas?

Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Please check or try:

1. enable cookies

2. insert username@yourdomain.com in the very first login-page rather just username

Thanks. After running adaware and spybot and spyguard to get rid of all of the garbage the user had allowed on their system, I set ie to accept cookies from mydomain.com, then entered the complete email address in the owa logon screen and it works.

Never stay up on the barren heights of cleverness, but come down into the green valleys of silliness.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Here is another possibilty. Later versions of xp pro did not ship with Java built in. It seems there was some sort of license issue. OWA pages run on Java. I have had users download and install the Java appelet and that has helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back