Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Access My Website Internally

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadrTech

MIS
Mar 4, 2014
CA
Hi, I'm hoping I can find an answer to my question which would be very simple.

I have a web server In my company with a local IP 192.168.3.19. The server is accessible from outside using IP 23.34.45.56 port 80.

I don't have a Local DNS server and don't have a private domain name internally, but I have a private domain companyABC.net in my External data center with a DNS server.

In my data center's DNS server, xyz.companyABC.net resolves to the public IP of my Internal Network 23.34.45.56, which gets port forwarded to the Private IP of the web server 192.168.3.19

The website xyz.companyABC.net is accessible from the public network but not from the local one.

I can access the website from the local network using 192.168.3.19.
When I ping XYZ.companyABC.net from the local network, it resolves to 23.34.45.56.

How can I access the website localy using the full name xyz.companyABC.net instead of the local IP?

Performing a Host override on each station is not an option since users have laptops that they take home and to customers sites.
Thank you,
B

I suggest you look into DNS rewriting, if that's available on your NAT device.

Or do destination NAT for outgoing traffic from internal hosts trying to access 23.34.45.56.
redirecting them to 192.168.3.19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back