Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot Access Moonfruit Site from New Laptop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eques4

Technical User
Jun 1, 2002
GB
Hi

I bought a new laptop (hp pavilion 15 ac008na notebook) a couple of days ago, and there is just one site that it will not let me access (all other sites are more or less fine).

As the site in question (Moonfruit) is the one I use for my blog, the main reason I purchased the laptop, this is highly frustrating.

I have tried accessing via both Internet Explorer and Firefox but neither like the site.

From IE I get:

This page can’t be displayed

Make sure that the web address is correct.
Look for the page with your search engine.
Refresh the page in a few minutes.

From Firefox I get:

The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I can maybe get through to the site one attempt in ten, but then a couple of clicks later it suddenly stalls and then sends me back to the above error pages.

I pasted the Firefox error message into Google and tried the various suggestions that came up about cookies/clearing cache etc, to zero effect.

I haven't used the laptop all that much since I purchased it, and had about an hour on Moonfruit on the first day I purchased it, since when this has been happening.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back