Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cannot access hotmail over isdn line

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronmon

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2002
IE
We have a strange problem here it seems that our public pcs cannot sign into hotmail accounts over the isdn connections but if brought onto our network they can access them no problem i was wodnering does anyone know if there is some issue with this

Is the same ISP (Internet Service Provide) used for the ISDN and for the non-ISDN (non dialup?) connections?

Presumably not?

The problem is probably not related to ISDN but something to do with your ISP. I would suggest calling them. You might try pinging hotmail's server first.

two different isps ya but i have tried accessing hotmail from my laptop using the same isp as the public pcs and it works ok

Is your Laptop configured the same as the public PC's and are you dialing an actual ISP or an internal ISP service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back