Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot access EM and SS appears to be down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollTel

Vendor
Aug 11, 2009
US
Thank you all in advance for looking at this!

I have an issue with a CS1000 Rls 7.0

I can access the switch via COM Port and can login and access loads, but that is the extent of what I'm able to access currently. When trying to ssh to the core addresses Putty just hangs and will not respond and then finally times out. Ive tried on both the active and inactive cores with no success.

I have INI'd both cores as well as reset both the CPDC card and the MC32S card with no success. Here is what I found when looking for the IP's of the two cards. It appears that the SS is not online?

Thanks again and any help would be greatly appreciated.

>ld 117
OAM000

=> stat serv

NODE ELANIP LDR SRV PBXLINK HOSTNAME
ID STATE
1000 137.135.128.12 NO MC32S LINK UP mediaCard1
APPS: VGW
PBXLINK DATE: 30/11/2021
PBXLINK TIME: 12:30:52
CONNECTID: 5026818
VGWs: [reg - 00032] [busy - 00000]

1000 137.135.128.10 YES Nortel CPDC LOST ss
APPS: LTPS VTRK
PBXLINK DATE: 30/11/2021
PBXLINK TIME: 12:24:02
CONNECTID: 0

Start looking at the ethernet ports for link lights and make sure the ethernet switch they are connected to is functioning

Thank you, I have looked at the server they are talking to and it indicates that all is well and good. The Elan and Tlan are connected and showing small traffic. also the link lights on the front of the CPDC card are showing connectivity.

This is connecting to a HMS400V2 server and we have lost connectivity to that. I believe the Elan needs a reset on the CM side but cannot access the EM in order to do this.

Just more information as well. Im able to login to the HMS server via RDP session 0 and see that the HMS is up and running clean just no calls from the CM will travel across to it.

You are going to have to connect to the com port of the CPDC, reboot it, and watch during the reboot and see whats going on

Those cards were notorious for the Memory DIMM's going bad. That would be my first guess. Hopefully it's not the hard drive or you will be reinstalling Linux and all the apps

LED color CP DC system status
Green Link is up
Flashing Green Link is down
Orange Linux applications loading
Flashing Orange Linux applications load successful
Red BIOS self test
Flashing Red Bootrom and Linux base loading
Off No power

The CP DC faceplate RED LED is not active and is intended for future use
The RED LED is a tri-color redundancy status indicator.
The HD ACT LED flashes during SATA hard drive activity.

Thank you. I will connect to the COM port and see what's going on. The LED currently is in a RED state. When I rebooted it yesterday it seemed to boot correctly and establish connectivity with the HMS server but nothing else. Thanks again, I will post once I've rebooted and captured the output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back