Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot access certain sites from secondary computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denim

Programmer
Dec 21, 2001
CA
I have a desktop and laptop both running Windows XP. I am using a Linksys hub to share the internet connection via Windows XP on the desktop.

The desktop is my main computer and it's internet connection works fine. But on my laptop I am having problems accessing certain sites such as about.com and icq.com. I cannot access these sites thru my laptop browser (the browser just hangs). i tried pinging them from my laptop but I get a "request timed out" error.

Please let me know if you need more info in order to suggest a solution.

Thanks!

Denham

About.com and ICQ.com are unpingable sites, the dont allow pings, so you will never be able to ping them no matter what.

As for your browser problems, probably the sites are attempting to load something that makes your browser crash/freeze/hang. First thing I would do is reinstall the browser. Or install Netscape and try it on that, and if that works, then you know it is your browser that is having problems.
shnypr-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back