Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot access AES through LAN... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

n25

Technical User
Nov 4, 2004
US
... however it's a different thing for dial-up as I could access the server normally through it. I tried pinging the IP and it responds, however an "Internal Server Error" page always comes up whenever I try entering the IP through a web browser. Anyone encountered this one?

If you are seeing a 500 series "internal server error" when accessing any web site... That is an indication that the code running on the webserver (asp, cgi, etc) has failed and encountered an error in it's code.

Poor web coding is normally the result of this because some error occured that they didn't expect and they didn't trap it properly. :(

Double check your credentials to make sure you are authorized... If it's asp or something .net related, check the web config file to see if it has any authorization sections for usernames or IP's.

Good luck!

Thanks zowwie! Yes, that's the page that I see. However, regarding AES servers, should I/Avaya tinker around with it and figure out how to fix it or is it just a matter of a re-install?

I really would like the re-install to be a last resort since Avaya can dial-up to it and access it. In fact they told us that it's working normally, well minus the web interface that is.

Well... If the web interface is tossing out 500's there is something wrong when it's trying to load the page.

It is obviously an issue with the asp code there and/or the configuration of the web server (possible permission issues).

Can anyone access the web pages? Dialup or internal lan?

Or is it just one group of IP addresses that can't utilize the web site?

n25,

better reinstall aes than try to solve this problem. believe me, it will take considerably less time. :)

I've run into this very same issue, as we use an AES server for CTI delivery to the NICE call recording servers/loggers.

Check with your network nazis (only kidding), to make sure they're not blocking traffic in/out of port 8443. Also make sure cookies are enabled in IE.

I think you might even be able to try port: 8080? I'm strictly a PBX tech, so I don't claim to be any good on the network stuff. I just figured I could help out a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back