Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannot access a computer from within a domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpingpong

Programmer
Jul 6, 2004
Hi all,

I have a domain setup a work name WWD.com
I have my own laptop running Windows 2003 Std. Editioin that I bring into work
Originally, my laptop was set to a workgroup "WORKGROUP" and everything was fine... the other computers can access the shared folders on the laptop and the other computers can ping the laptop

However, after I changed the network ID of the laptop from WORKGROUP to the domain WWD.com... the laptop can still ping and see all the other computers in the domain... but the other computers can no longer connect to or ping the laptop.

Now, I've also installed TSWeb on the laptop right after I put it into the domain. How the heck do I allow the other computers to connect to the laptop again?

Not got a clue what TSWeb is but you need to;
1. Ensure the ip address is reacable by the other clients, i.e. on the same subnet.
2. I would give it a static ip address that way people will be able to connect to \\192.x.x.x\Share1
3. recreate your shares, set permissions to the files and issue user accounts and passwords for others to connect.

I pressume that the other clients aren't on WWD.com domain?

Iain

sweet link... thanks for the tip...
i shall take a deeper look...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back