Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cannnot Get pass login Screen HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspirondell

Technical User
May 21, 2003
US
I recently bought a dell inspiron laptop on ebay. I received it w/ windows 2000 Professional and it has the the 1st and 2nd service pcks installed on it. However there are no windows disks or anything else except the computer and the connection cords. Well He has set the admin password and there is no way to get into windows. I have tried contacting him but there has been no response. Does anybody know how I can get pass the logon screen somehow.
I'am well aware of exspensive programs. So I would appreciate any free download sites or any info that can get my new computer operational !!!!!!!!!!! Or if I can somehow uninstall windows or the C: drive completely from the boot sequence and start from scratch. THANKS>

I visited that site but it said something about that it doesn't work if windows 2000 has had the service pack installed with it. Also on that site there are many download files which one do I download. THANKS for your help and time it is much apperciated...

Read it again and note that it's warning you strictly about EFS encrypted files, which become tied to the original user account password. Did the admin account on this PC have any? If not, then don't worry about it. If so, and you can't afford to lose them, then maybe don't use this utility.

This is the direct link to the latest version (found at the bottom of the "boot disk" section:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back