Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cancelling changes in a form Version: 2003 (11.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soorags

MIS
Mar 19, 2007
GB
On the form frmNz2 of my database, how can I make the Back button cancel any changes made to the information in the Search Results table after it has been editted? When I edit the information in the table and then press back, when the form is re-entered the changes stay. I would like these changes to be cancelled when pressing the Back button so that when the form is re-entered the table is the same as before changes were made (doesn't save changes). I have tried making the macro for the Back button do this by selecting No when it gives the option of saving changes when exiting the form but it doesn't work. I would be grateful for any help. Thank you.

As you posted no code, just a guess:
Me.Undo

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

How are ya soorags . . .

There's alot ogf gray area here however if the data is saved in the table or form [purple]you can't![/purple] [blue]You'd have to log the old data elsewhere for retrival.[/blue]

Note: As long as a record is in [blue]edit mode[/blue] (depicted by the pencil icon on the record selector) you can simply hit [blue]Esc[/blue] to revert to the old data.

[blue]Your Thoughts? . . .[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back