Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Canceling Call Forward 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

guycable2

MIS
Apr 16, 2004
US
Hi

It's great to see a Tadiran forum. We currently have 5 Coral Flexicoms out there that I need to maintain. I have very limited experience but I have picked up a lot working with our vendor and just poking around.

I have a user at a site that forwards her phone to another phone by using #8 and dialing the extension. This works fine but for some reason the #10 doesn't cancel the forwarding. Am I missing something, is there anther way to cancel it besides dialing in and canceling it in programming?

Thanks again for starting a Tadiran forum.

Hi, what country are you in? I work for the distributor in the UK and previously worked for the distributor in New Zealand/Australia. I got this forum started because there wasn't one and there were a few threads in various other forums.

As for the call forward, you need to dial the CFA code and then the cancellation code. The default codes for CFA are #141 and #8 (both do the same). The activation code is #11 and the cancellation code is #10.

So to activate a CFA the user dials #141 xxxx #11 (or #8 xxxx #11). And to cancel the user dials #141 #10 (or #8 #10).

Do you have any manuals/training? Or just picking it up as you go?

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm in the USA.

I don't think we need to add the #11 at the end in our Tadiran as it activates just fine without it. Now that you spelled it out for me I remember doing this when I first took these on.

I have some manuals but mostly just what I picked up from the vendor and the previous employee that managed these. They appeared as part of an aquisition and I don't have one at my site to play with so I'm doing this all remotely.

Our company uses Nortel Meridian and Toshiba key systems.

It depends on version whether you need the activation code or not. The olders ones you do, the newer ones you don't.

They're an easy system to learn. If you need any manuals drop me a line.

Cheers

We use #8 number to activate an #8#* to deactivate.

You can check the index and see wich code is used.

like #* EDIT 2

So if you check witch code is used for EDIT 2 than you now watt is used in your switch.

Greets Peter

Default codes are #141 or #8 (CFA), #10 or #*0 (cancellation), #11 or #*1 (activation) as per my previous post.

Any feature can be changed to anything you want. But big70 must've had the NPL changed considerably as there are several other NPL/EDIT codes that conflict with the #* in default eg #*1,#*2....#*9 for other features.

In guycable2's case, the NPL is default. The default NPL is perfect for the large majority of customers. Feature codes rarely need to be changed.

If he just look what is programmed for EDIT 2 then he knows what code is used for his Coral.
Im from Holland and we use a different NPL then the default.

But have old software version with different code,s and i always check the NPL whats used.

Greets Peter

big70, it has already been shown that the NPL he is using is default. The very first post says that he dials #10 to cancel. The reason it wasn't working was the he was not dialling the CFA code before the cancellation code.

Even in Holland (using CC9 Eu0), the default NPL has the codes I've given in previous posts. If you change it then that's up to you but there'd no real need to, especially for features. All features start with * or # and do not conflict with anything.

The cancellation code worked perfectly. User is very happy. Thanks again for the fast replies.

One other thing to consider.....sometimes systems are set up with Boss groups and these can be forwarded as well.
The code to forward a boss group is #168 boss# target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back