Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cancel Leaving a Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechJimF

Technical User
Dec 21, 2004
US
We recently changed out our voicemail M.M. On our old voicemail the caller was able to cancel a message they were recording and completely exit without sending.

With M.M. the closest you can get is hit the asterick (*) then 3 to delete and rerecord.

Is there a way to add an option to delete and exit without the leaving a message at all? As if the caller never called at all.

Jim

If you enter a 1 while recording, you will be given options on what you want to do. Make sure the 1 is hit prior to anything else, especially a #. Once the # is hit, the message is as good as sent.

Using option 1 is the same as pressing asterisk (*), which by pressing option 3 gives the option to erase and rerecord.

I'm looking for an option to erase and exit, as if the caller never called. Do you know with a caller application can the prompt be modified and the option added?

Jim

Once you hit the 3, if you hang up, no message is left in the user's mailbox. This isn't as elegant as entering a digit that deletes and exits, but I believe it does what you're looking for.

We have an exec. in our organization that doesn't want a trail. Wants to delete the message and exit, no indication that the person called. Pressing three prompts for to record again, which lights the MWI and if the receiver press 5 for envelope information, the extension or CLID is played.

Jim

So you are saying that if i call you and hit 3 and do not leave a message it still turns the light on ? I have tried that on our lab system and ours does not do that ?

Ken Means

If you call me, wait for the beep, start leaving a message then press * instead of #, then press 3 to delete, the only option is to rerecord. Well instead of rerecording, hanging up immediately produces a 1 second silent message, which turns the light on.

Jim

Did you try pressing * at the re-record prompt? The * key is used for both cancel and exit to previous menu.

Got it. If the caller presses 1**, it completely cancels the message and returns to the auto attendant. It's a shame that the same option isn't available when pressing #.

Thanks for your help,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back