Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cancel email for empty report 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaV

Programmer
Aug 27, 2002
CA
Hi,
I'm using Seagate Info 7.0.2. In Info Desktop I scheduled one report and the result is send by e-mail. My question is : how can I cancel the e-mail when the report is empty (no data records) ? Right now the user receive an empty page...

Thanks.

I don't believe this can be done.. If you ever find away, please let me know! :) You can create a formula that states no information was available - This is what I do, and it keeps the customer from thinking the report is broken. Brian

You can prevent the email by causing the report to fail when no results are returned - obviously this has the drawback that genuine failures could potentially be overlooked.

For the report to "fail on demand" create a formula which checks a report field for a count of zero or a null return i.e. - the report contains no records or any records it contains are exclued in the report logic. Use a statement which generates a divide by zero error if no records exist.
E.g. <If isnull({field}) or count({field})=0 then 1/0>

Thank you very much. Like you said, this method can hide &quot;real&quot; failures. But from now I'm almost sure that it's my only solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back