Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cancel all jobs in queue on Printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovas

Technical User
Aug 6, 2002
US
I have a network printer and it has 5 documents in print queue but it tells me Access Denied when I try to Cancel them. The computer the documents were sent to print from is no longer here I dont think. I unpluged the printer but it still had those documents in queue. Any ideas?

Thank you.

What operating system are you using? If it is NT/2000/XP stop the spooler service and restart it

Its xp, sorry a bit clueless here but what is a spooler service and how do i stop it?

thank you for the help!

CAREFULLY.... Go into Administrative Tools > Services > Scroll down until you find the Service called Print Spooler. Double Click it, then click Stop, then once it is stopped, click on start. It should all go away then. If not, click somewhere on your desktop and hit the F5 key to refresh.

Or.... stop it, make sure it is set to Automatic and reboot the computer.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back