Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you use production bundle effects in standard ed.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskavideoguy

Technical User
Feb 15, 2003
GB
I have AE 4 production bundle and upgraded to 5.5. I couldn't afford the production bundle upgrade and went for the standard edition. I didn't realize that all my projects that used PD bundle effects couldn't be used in the standard edition. Is there a way to import my PD bundle effects into 5.5 standard?

I would say you would either have to upgrade to pro bundle or find a different way to do the effects in AE standard or go try and find some 3rd party plugins...Thats all I can think of....

Another possible solution (a variation of which I use) is to simply stick with 4.4 Pro until you're done with the project. If you need some fancy-schmancy non-Pro effect from 5.5, then do the scene in 5.5, but render it out to frames or something that your 4.4 Pro app can eat.

It's the least effect on your workflow, but still gives you to doodle-power of 5.5.

Oh, and start saving your pennies if you plan to upgrade to 5.5 Pro.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

That would, of course, be illegal. I recommend against people acquiring software in an illegal fashion, particularly when there are legal and inexpensive alternatives available.

The upgrade from 5.5 to 5.5 pro, or from 4.4 pro to 5.5 pro is less than buying 5.5 pro standalone.

My suggestion to stick with 4.4 pro until 5.5 pro is affordable is also perfectly valid.

Also, there are a variety of auction and online sales sites that sell legal copies of 5.5 pro and 5.5 pro upgrades and they are usually much less expensive than the retail packages.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back