Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you use Julian date to reference days of week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharmer

Technical User
Aug 15, 2002
US
Is there a way to write a query so create a calc field with the day of day, based in Julian dates. I can set P7 to display windows long-date ("Monday, November 21, 2005"), but QBE won't allow "Monday.." Or is there a better way?

Regardless of what it may display as, the underlying value is a date (longint, actually).

What is it you need to do, exactly?

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time. It's about priorities.

I am tracking workload statistics. I receive an ascii file with a timestamp date. I want to parse the days of week from this information, and count the number of transactions per day of week (Sunday, Monday, etc.).

You may be able to do this direct with SQL; not sure.

Not with QBE though.

You may be able to use a criteria table that has the date linked in the query to your field, and a second field that is the Day of Week for each date. Then use the criteria table in your query to get what you need.

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time. It's about priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back