Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you use a BRI Board to Breakout PRI Channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jliebe

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2004
US
I'm looking to connect a remote location via ISDN. I currently have PRI's in my cabinet and don't know what ISDN board to put in my switch nor even if this concept will work.

The concept/idea is to have an ISDN device at the main office call an ISDN device at the remote location and establish a connection to route IP over using channels off of existing PRI's. My software version on my switch is G3csiV11.

Any help on what board to buy and whether or not this is even feasible would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy

You mean you want to put a BRI board in your PBX, then use a router as an ISDN endpoint for dialup?

If thats your case, then yes that will work..

you just need a ISDN BRI board.

BuckWeet

Great... Can you tell me which board would work. I see that there are several BRI boards and don't want to buy the wrong type..

Thanks,

Jimmy

There is the TN556D, this is an S/T interface board

then there is a 218x board, i'm not sure the exact model number, but you have to have a system with a packet bus (believe thats the correct term) to use this..

meaning that it won't work in a prologix or g600 carrier.

I would double check that info though

anyone else know this??

BuckWeet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back