Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you tile windows vertically on launched batch file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoover

Programmer
Feb 4, 2004
US
my command is something like this:

start cmd /c psinfo -s \\114.16.1.105>\\pcname\ftp\test\192.x.x.x.txt

I have multiple lines of that and they all run really fast, but instead of having them cascade, i would like to do tile windows vertically so i can gauge how much I have left. I can't just do it manually cause it takes up so much of the processor that it won't let me right-click and choose tile windows vertically'. And if I pause it after a few lines and choose tile windows vertically, it just applies that to the ones already open, not the new ones. The new ones are still cascading. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

AFAIK, there is no way to control windows placement when starting a new command prompt window. If you really wnt to do something like this, I'd look at wrapping the whole thing in VBScript. You could then kick off as many processes as you want and capture the STDOUT from each one and display it however you wanted.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back