Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you stop Explorer icons for CPTs showing thumbnails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyGroom

Programmer
May 23, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have a folder containing 1400 or so CPT files, and when I do anything in that folder I have to wait while each file's icon converts into a thumbnail - pointless at 16x16 pixels anyway, but it takes ages to scroll around.

How can I turn this feature off?

- Andy

I don't see a way to turn that off in Win2K except by removing the file association (which I haven't tried, but assume would work).

Unfortunately, that cure is worse than the disease. :)

Sounds like you installed the thumbnail option when you installed the app - you might try re-running setup and removing that option so it removes the thumbnails. That might work.

Thanks guys.

I half-solved the problem by removing the association within Corel itself (Tools > Options > Global > Filters > Associate), so now the icons appear as bog-standard icons but of course the problem as Meara suggests is that you can no longer double-click on CPT files and get PhotoPaint to open!

Surely you can disable the thumbnail option from within the program, rather than rerunning Setup? But I'll give it a whirl if I can find the CD...

- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back