Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you set up a time triggered script in ASP/Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuCOng

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
GB
I have a table that is supposed to be updated every quarter (3 calendar months).

The data in it is supposed to come from the other tables and it provides a summary of three months data.

Can I create a script/procedure in Access/ASP that does this?

do you have access to your webserver? if so, you can create a .vbs script to do it for you, then use NT Scheduler to schedule it's execution.

if you don't, you'll need to create a function to populate the table at only the given intervals. You'll find the hardest thing to do will be to get the intervals, so I'll give you an example of how to do it:

ex:

sub populateTables()
if application("date") = "" then application("date") = now() 'make sure something is in the date variable
if datediff("m",now(),application("date")) >= 3 then
application("date") = now()
... do your access updating code here
end if
end sub

i haven't gotten the chance to test this out, since i implemented something that got changed every month.

see

for info re datadiff

hth
leo
end sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back