Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can you send a stored procedure a string array 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

samantha72

Programmer
Jul 31, 2001
CA
I have a list box in visual basic which will contain a max of 7 strings. I need to
save this data so i am thinking about looping through the list box and saving these
strings in an array but i am not sure if i can append the string array as a parameter and send it to the stored procedure.

each one of these strings in the array has a number associated with it and i have to
return the min of these numbers

If i can send the array then will the store procedure be able to loop through the array
to find the min number associated with these strings.

Thanks

Hi Samantha,

In a word, no, Sybase won't be happy if you pass the information to it that way.

What you could do is put the information into a temporary table, from which Sybase could then select the minimum value.

The basic problem is that Sybase does not recognise arrays, so you need to send the data in a form that it can understand.

HTH

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back