Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you run PhP Scripts on Basekit Sitebuilder ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0deM0nK424

Programmer
Oct 28, 2007
GB
I ask because im building a real estate property listing website for a client of mine using Basekit Sitebuilder - whilst I was intending to hand code the solution myself - I realised I was pressed for time and also it would take way too long, so I purchased a property listing php script from Phpjabbers.

The script can be modified to ones hearts content (if you have purchased the developer lisence) which is handy as It allows me to customise it with ease in the near future.

However I'm not too sure whether Basekit Sitebuilder allows you to run php scripts using its 'embed' widget.

I've successfully made jQuery scripts run using the embed widget but I'm wondering if php scripts will work the same way.

Would the php files necessarily have to reside in the root folder of the basekit sitebuilder website in question - surely they can run elsewhere and simply be referenced right ?

anybody aquainted with basekit sitebuilder who can shed some light into this ?

I've successfully made jQuery scripts run using the embed widget

jQuery is javascript so runs on the client browser, the hosting, methods or system used to create the HTML plays absolutely no part in that.

PHP runs on the server so unless the hosting provides PHP, the answer will be no.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

@ ChrisHirst, thanks for stating the obvious.

You think I didn't know that lol !??

jQuery is Javascript = my 'you dont say !' moment of 2014 lol

i was basicaly informing ppl on the thread that the embed widget has allowed me to run jQuery scripts- thats all, so waanted to know if PhP too could work.

Php is a server side scripting language indeed.

Javascript is a client side scripting language its not used to create dynamic web pages lol

if you can deploy javascript then you can use php dynamically; although it is indirect. you will have to get your javascript to talk to your php server. the php server will need to allow x-site comms.

from php return json (easiest) and then do what you want with it in javascript.

so then you'd be using basekit to do all the front end and then instead of using browser events like links and form submits to interact with the middleware, you'd use ajax. from php's perspective it's no different.

You think I didn't know that lol !??

Maybe, but all I have to go on is your post that says:
I've successfully made jQuery scripts run using the embed widget but I'm wondering if php scripts will work the same way.

It is somewhat difficult to deduce from that whether you do know that PHP runs server side only.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back