Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you put a calculated field into a table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomi1

Programmer
Oct 17, 2006
US
I need to put two calculated fields into a table. Is this possible? In my table I have a column of current hours, a second column of earned hours. My third column needs to have a calculated field that adds colums one and column 2 together(current hours+earned hrs) to give me the total overall hours earned todate. In the fourth column of my table I need to input a calculated field that will take the total overall hours and assign them classifications as follows 0-30 hrs = freshmen, 31-60 hours = sophomore, 61-90 hours = junior, 91+ = senior. If I were making this a calculated field in a form I would use the iif statement of (IIF([coop-new.TOTAL HRS EARNED]>90,"SENIOR",IIF([coop-new.TOTAL HRS EARNED]>60,"JUNIOR",IIF([coop-new.TOTAL HRS EARNED]>30,"SOPHOMORE",IIF([coop-new.TOTAL HRS EARNED]>0,"FRESHMAN","value missing")))). I just don't know how to assigned make a field in a table into a calculated one.
Please help!

No. Paradox does not support calculated fields.

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

Well, I should have written 'calculated fields directly inside the table", since you can, as you wrote, do it as part of the form.

Tony McGuire
"It's not about having enough time; we have the rest of our lives. It's about priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back