Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you print on the front and back of a page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angst11

Programmer
Sep 5, 2001
US
Can you control the printing on the front and back of one page with HTML/CSS etc..?

Thanks,
angst11

I can't garauntee you that I am right but I would go with maybe. On one side of things, I would assume there is a way to code it (which I have never seen btw) but on the other hand I would imagine that this would be somewhat impossible. Is double sided printing not printer specific?

I think you might need to clarify your question a bit more. Im sure you dont mean printing on both the back and front of a piece of paper??

Do you mean being able to print stuff from one HTML page that has been stored in the history after you have clicked to another page?

Actually, I would like to know if it is possible to print on the front and back of a single page!

the user will have to set printer set up properties unless you can access them from a script.

or you can print front of page and prompt user to reload same paper flipped over and print other side. will require pause(suggest vbscript or java) between pages and your user will have to do all the work. (if user has printer like hplj6 this will be easy with practice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back