Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you import/export DSN's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerpow

Technical User
Sep 13, 2001
GB
Hi, I'm having my PC replaced and have several System Data Source Names set up for various Access databases. Is there anyway I can avoid having to set these all up again. Is there an import/export tool I can use if I copy all the .mdb's into the same directory structure as my old PC. (Both PC's are Win2k Pro and Access 2000)

Thanks. "Very funny Scotty, now beam my clothes down aswell".

I'm not sure with W2K because I'm still stuck back in W95. Yeah it sucks! But I just finished playing with creating my own DSN's and I know that there are entrys in the registery that you can export from your old machine and then import these to your new machine. In W95 these entrys are in either the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/ or HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ (Depending upon Whether your DSN's are System or user) then Software/ODBC/ODBC.ini. You also need to be aware that there is an 'ODBC Data Sources' folder in there that contains all of the names of the registered DSN's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back