Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you hyperlink from a cell in a table to a picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etislost

Technical User
Nov 23, 2003
US
I have a table set up with some addresses and other information. I have pictures of the structures at those particular addresses stored on the server. Is there a way to use the hyperlink or another function to link from the cell with the address in it to the picture? If so, please elaborate.

Thanks,
Steve P.

Have you tried to ask your help engine for hyperlink ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

I believe all you have to do is open your table in design view and make the field's data type "hyperlink"

I have a question related to this though. Is there a way to change what program the hyperlink automatically opens with??

Just change the file extension association.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

But I have .jpegs open with Photo Enhancer everywhere else...like if I double click on a .jpeg....but within Access, when I click on the hyperlink, it opens with Microsoft Photo Editor.

Dunno remember how to change mime association.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back