Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you help

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil34

MIS
Apr 8, 2004
GB
This is not my field so please excuse me!
My manager has gone on holiday and I need to make changes on the welcome page of our website. I have gone into IIS found the location where the site sits opened the welcome page in note pad, but is does not contain the data that is shown on our website. Not sure what he has done but any one can tell me of a common area or if i'm looking at the wrong page and what that page should be I would be very greatful.
Thanks

It does not necessarily follow that the page on your local machine is the one actually being used for your website.

If your site is on a remote server then you need to connect to that and get the page from there. Make a backup of it, then make your changes and upload it back to the server.

"I'm making time

phil34 - it sounds like the manager is the only one who knows how to update the website. Perhaps you could suggest that when he/she returns, the process is documented. If the server's located remotedly, you'll undoubtedly need a username and password for it as well.

<marc> i wonder what will happen if i press this...[ul][li]please tell us if our suggestion has helped[/li][li]need some help? faq581-3339[/li][/ul]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back