Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you help please? iSDX Realitis ver 8 - list of Admin commands? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymcd

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2016
GB
All,
This is very useful forum I have just found to my delight
A veritable treasure chest of reference and material on the lesser spotted tech... like Siemens iSDX switches!
Wish that was true... but its not. There are tons of them splattered across the country all ticking along nicely within some of the lesser funded but critical businesses like the NHS for example.

Suffice to say you guess where I am....and struggling as this is tech that has long since passed me by.
More au fait with VOIP systems and funky unified comms stuff, no stranger to telecoms but just not really touched much on the big beasties like iSDX or the finery of Realitis command set. Thus I need to quickly brush up on my skills in all aspects of this kit.
A rough overview of the wonders of iSDX and if possible Admin commands or Operator command sfor daily everyday diagnostic or facilitating IMAC requests.

Does any fine person still retain the sort of knowledge or information out there I am seeking?
Would be most grateful.

Many thanks
Tony

Hello Tony

First of all, what a wonderfully-worded first post, and yes, there are still a few fellas like me on this forum with the knowledge available to help you.

I myself am a bit like you but in an opposite sense, loads of knowledge on the TDM side of things but not much on the various server based solutions beyond Cisco CallManager (did my CCNA 4 years ago, need to retake that at some point)

Anyway, down to business as follows. I take it you can login to your DX and have an OSL login to do this - if not let me know and i will show you how to work this out.

With regards to the information you require, have a look at this link to download the DX electronic publications for all of the commands you will need =

With regards to IMAC work, there are loads of commands, what follows is a short list =

LEX A = list all extensions
LEX A E = as above but with extra info
LEX 4301 = list extension 4301
LET A = list hardware error table
LDIT = list digital terminal (ie D.96 DT40/50/60/70, Opti, Openstage)

I could go on, but let me know of anything more specific and i wil endeavor to help.

Just on the off-chance, you don't work in the big happy-house at Westminster do you?

Try
You'll need to sign up for access but it is trivial.

To swap 2 extns of the same type (e.g. both analogue) IEX <EXTN1> <EXTN2>

Revise name on extension RTS EX <EXTN> <STRING>
Pickup Group

List pickup group LPG (use LPG A for all)
Revise RPG

Voicemail
LIVU <EXTN> - check if it is flagged as a voicemail user
RIVU <EXTN> to add flag
RIVU <EXTN> N

Many thanks to the respondants, Totes amaze-balls...your assistance & guidance is appreciated.

Pablo100 in response to question, despite the experience inside that world a while ago I have recovered.
More recently taken a role inside one of the most challenged and underfunded areas of the public sector. More clues required?
Lets just say despite the daunting challenges and inevitable rewards gained from 'putting us back together again' the people I have the privilege of working alongside have found their true vocation in life. Its nice to be in a place where you can make a difference despite the relentless cuts and underfunding.
I do the techie stuff on the periphery which makes their job a little easier in performing minor miracles everyday.

Keep up the great work![2thumbsup]
Tony

Yep its me again...the needy one,
In my moment of sheer unbridled enthusiasm I had found something really useful I had meant to ask about working with DDI's (DID's if you prefer) on the iSDX? Simply put the 'wisdom of Solomon' suggested no clear logical plan, just 'issued' randomly[ponder]
Not a single extn corresponds with a DDI number.....[sad]

I understand a translation table is used in order to make order from the chaos - any info on '...who? where? why ? what? when?' would be most appreciated.[smile]
Typically the usual associated tasks - to identify status/free/assigned, add, delete or reassign would be excellent?
Of course this will nicely complement the handy tips already shared which were most gratefully accepted[thumbsup2]

Thanks all![bigglasses]
(Am I using too many emoticons...OK I'll stop...sorry)

Try :_ LTMG A this gives all Trunk Main groups look for a MG with a table number under 'DDT or DTT' then list these tables by 'LDTT x' you may well see something like 599 4227. it could be you are receiving 4 digits to translate to 4 digits, you have to work it out or paste on this page.

Mal.

Thanks Happymal I have tried your suggestions all very useful.....here is a paste of what I see I captured it with notepad ad pasted here as below.

?ltmg
GROUP:a
D A R D D D T M N R
MG TYPE CODE / OUT SRCH SEND PSD S T IN D T REG T S OG D L A PE

A T T T M T D
000 EXCH 9 A FRS FXD MF4 N MAN N 00 Y N
001 DASS 9 D HRS CYC A DDI 08 N N 00 N N 01

002 DASS D DDI 08 N N 00 N N 01

003 EXCH 9 A FRS FXD MF4 N MAN T 00 Y N
007 EXCH A MAN T 00 Y N
009 EDDI A DDI 01 08 ROT N N 00 Y N
010 DASS 9 D HRS FXD A DDI 08 N N 00 N N 01

011 DASS 9 D HRS FXD A DDI 08 N N 00 N N 01

020 IPBX 71 A HRS CYC MF4 005 A MAN N 00 Y N
021 IPBX 77 A HRS FXD ROT 000 A DDI 05 ROT N T 00 Y N
022 IPBX 705 A HRS FXD ROT 000 A DDI 05 ROT N T 00 Y N
028 DPNS 74 D HRS FXD A DDI 28 N N 00 N 04 N
030 DPNS 704 D HRS FXD A DDI N N 00 N 04 N
031 DPNS 78 D HRS FXD A DDI 09 N N 00 N 04 N
038 DPNS 702 D HRS CYC A DDI 14 N N 00 N 04 N
039 DPNS 703 D HRS CYC A DDI 14 N N 00 N 04 N
044 DPNS 76 D HRS FXD A DDI 12 N N 00 N 04 N
050 Q931 708 D HRS CYC A DDI N N 00 N 01 N
....all the way to line 299

Can you tell me how I go onward from here please?

Thank you
Tony

Hi Tony,

I too am in the NHS, sadly decommissioning isdx after many years.

If you type:

LDTT 8 A

You should list the last 4 or 6 digits of the DDI and the extension it's translated too.

Stuart

Also in the NHS and will be decommissioning 2 ISDX over the next 10 months....

I was told by a Unify engineer in July that a new software release available and if you upgrade to it they will extend the end of life by a year.
I know one University has taken that option.

Stuart,
Many thanks on response, my experience prior to this role was scant on iSDX there fore I have to rely on fine chaps like yourself[2thumbsup]
Personally I am happy to see iSDX go, its old and in our case struggling to deliver a proper solution.[thumbsdown]
I'd be keen to chat if you are open to do so - shared experiences? Also quite interested to know how and where you are going as regards the path towards VOIP... I presume?

All the best for now
Tony

Morning thepfy,
I assume you have taken your handle from that very tongue in cheek cartoon strip BOF that was on Computer Weekly when we had paper copies?
Also keen to share your experiences like Stuart? Are you planning to or actively in the process of moving from iSDX?

For all iSDX peeps out there, if you were ot already aware, Unify (formerly Siemens) have marked the iSDX 'end of life'.
Withdrawing support, their L3 people are no longer providing support and have re-focussed on their OSVoice & OS4K paths - pure VOIP or hybrid VOIP?
Endpoint is March 2017[hourglass]....which in itself is a conversation piece?
Not sure thepfy if the s/ware thing makes much difference they cannot source new hardware - it is no longer being manufactured.
Plus there is no desire to start production of component parts for 20+ years old technology, its just not going to happen.
Parts will reach a point of no return and get very very expensive at which point those who have not will be forced to find another solution.
Not easy for the healthcare trust, local and military government sites using these in significant numbers who will resist change and the need to spend money!

For an end user there is very little difference between a HiPath/OpenScape handset and an iSDX/Realitis Handset.
You can introduce an OpenScape 4000 V7 into a mixed iSDX network using a Cornet DPNSS gateway and gradually replace aging hardware that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back