Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can you get call logs from cs1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongill

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2007
CA
can you get call logs from cs1000 for a period of time. Some people are calling 911 and we're trying to figure out who

Depends what features and packages you have but in general, yeah. I can only speak to using the telecom billing system in OTM as that is what I use. I can get extension detail reports that show time of day for incoming and outgoing calls, digits dialed and duration. I can run the reports daily or weekly or any other schedule or manually as needed and have them emailed to anyone or simply shown on my screen.

I do know you have to already have CDR set up but that was already set up when I got here so I'm not the best person to explain it. You can probably find more than a few posts on it just by searching Call Detail Recording or CDR.

Then reply back here with what type of system you have and these guys can surely figure out what you have and what you need to have in order to do it.

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

Not sure if we have CDR setup. Our vendor said we can view the calls for only a previous number of hours in the switch. We have a cs1000

You can at least check if you ahve it turned on in ld 21:
Code:
>[b]ld 21[/b]  (My input is bold)
PT1000 

REQ: [b]prt[/b]
TYPE: [b]cdr_data[/b]
CUST [b]0[/b]

TYPE CDR_DATA
CUST 00 
CDR YES
  IMPH NO
  OMPH NO
  AXID YES
  TRCR YES
  CDPR NO
  ECDR NO
  BDI  YES
  PORT 4 
  BCAP NO
CHLN 1 
FCAF NO

I just ran a report the other day for my boss showing how many calls came into our help desk phone since January. It is possible to do what you want - but you probably have to already have something collecting the CDR records.

In my case I have the collecting and costing task of Telecom Billing scheduled to run automatically every day.

It doesn't matter that I don't actually use the costing to to show the cost of calls - all I want is the data. I don't even have pricing set up but I could if I wanted to. I am only interested in who made what calls to where and who received calls from where.

I know other folks here simply use Procomm scripts to collect the raw data and parse it into a database that they can search and there are probably a half dozen other ways to do it too.

If you don't have OTM (or the newer TM) installed there should still be ways to collect and report on the data you need.

Cool Hand Luke said:
"Dyin'? Boy, He can have this little life any time He wants to. Do Ya hear that? Are ya hearin' it? Come on. You're welcome to it, Ol' Timer. Let me know You're up there. Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything. Just let me know it... I'm just standin' in the rain talkin' to myself."

I checked and don't have the cdr_data option available.

with ESA - (you may or may not have this turned on) you can be allerted by phone and TTY that someone has dialed 911 and you can retreive from history (ld 22/prt/ahst) for however long you history file is.

you don't need CDR you find out who called 911. Using ESA & OSN can resolution your issue, check with NTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back